01 October, 2007

The first Monday of October

My intention was to post a blog about the past weekend and the delicious details of my trip but it feels like so much from yesterday and today are hogging my attention.

Yesterday, was nice because I went over to the Shiloh Spiritual Center to help support Rev. Roxie in their new church space. After three years, they moved to a bigger and more beautiful location for church services. And they will be able to have classes, events and a bookstore, too!

OK, it is the first Monday of October, which may mean many things to many people. I think it is significant for Supreme Court people, right? It is also Walter Matthau's birthday and the birthday of my kinship muse, Wunjo.

Tonight, it happens to be the night the baseball season ended for Padres fans. ARGH.
What an amazing set of games down to the wire. It is hard to have an icon such as Trevor Hoffman be such a significant part of how and why we lost the NLDS wildcard shot. Don and I went down to Petco tonight for the rally towel event and then on over to Kasa Kurko's to watch it on the big, er ...ginormous screen with a few other dyed-in-the-wool Pads pals. I think I am a bit hoarse from screaming on some of those amazing plays. And it is one thing to lose, but all the harder when the last call may have really been incorrect and Holliday did not touch home plate. Spilt milk, eh?
Ah, well, look at the bright side. I now have more time to do other creative things instead of watch baseball since I don't as yet, have a team for which to root.
Go Cubbies!

However, I can at least tuck myself into bed tonight with the sweet knowledge that Don and I went down and got our marriage license today from the County Clerk. WOOHOO!

You see? I can use the non-Padres viewing time for wedding stuffs and preparing for my new class in two weeks.

Good eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DRESS?!?!?! Not embarrassed to admit I have been checking in much more often than usual, just to find out what happened....

Wait a minim.....

Tonight, we rented the new film, "The Fabelmans" and loved it.  Incredible performances, screenwriting and story-telling.  I espec...