22 August, 2007

Three months and counting...

So many things these days come with a 90 day warranty after purchase.

I am looking at that in reverse because it is 90 days till our wedding! Oh my.
What an amazing thing that is to consider. I keep saying it out loud -- "90 days till we get married." It suddenly seems so close......
There's so much to do and so little time.

In the meantime, I will continue to do as I counsel others... "do what is put in front of you to do. Follow God's lead." Which for tonight, means watching my first true love, Gene Kelly, in TCM's "On The Town" while I continue going through files and such.

Today, I was online for hours. I participated in a follow-up Webinar for the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary Summit. If you have never been a part of a Webinar you would be amazed. It is right up my multi-tasking alley. Going onto the web and connecting with a video picture of the moderator; a PowerPoint slide show concurrently with a written chat on one side of the computer screen while listening in on a teleconference call simultaneously. WOW. The original participants re-convened to work on the writing of the proclamation which we are planning to unveil regarding Animals and Religion. We meet again online and on the phone this Friday. Modern technology is awesome. Not a 1/2 hour after I wrapped that up, I was back online with my UCSL class on "How to Teach SOM Online". And doing all this with my sprained left wrist. (I join Stephen Colbert in the Truthiness of Wrist Awareness in WristStrong. Not to mention that I have two friends who also have sprained or broken writs. Hmmm... What's up with that?).

"New York, New York, it's a wonderful town!" The first MGM musical shot on location (for several scenes) thanks to the genius of Mr. Kelly. Even though the distaff side of the cast only got to shoot one NY location scene. Oh boy, "Easter Parade" is up next. If only Gene Kelly hadn't broken his ankle, he would have starred in that film instead of Fred Astaire. Even though if pressed to admit it, I think Mr. Astaire was probably a better choice for this film. But I am a dyed-in-the-wool, take no prisoners Gene Kelly fan-atic.

TCM often has great snippets of old films that were used as trailers and teasers in the actual movie houses. I love seeing those old classic pieces that someone my age normally wouldn't have had the chance to see. Whoa-- caught off-guard for a moment because this trailer pastiche cut to the famous "Singin' in the Rain" clip and I burst into sharp, hot tears. I was suddenly overcome with grief missing my childhood innocence and, my mom.

If only the rest of the world would break into song and life was really like an M.G.M. musical. Oh wait, in my head it can be . . again!!!

This Leo now roars us into the sign of Virgo . . .

No comments:

Wait a minim.....

Tonight, we rented the new film, "The Fabelmans" and loved it.  Incredible performances, screenwriting and story-telling.  I espec...